Please go through the following checklist to ensure the camera can successfully update it's firmware:
1. Ensure your phone and camera are both connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Ensure the camera is connected to your Wi-Fi network. For the iCamera KEEP, the LED is constant red. For the Spot, the LED is constant green.
3. Ensure your parental control and firewall settings are not excessively high. Please try temporarily lowering these settings when updating the firmware.
4. Ensure "AP Isolation", "Wireless Isolation" is disabled in your router settings. This name varies for each router make/model. This setting prevents devices on the same Wi-Fi network from "talking" with one another.
5. Ensure your phone and iCamera KEEP are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Newer router's now have at least 2 networks, a 2.4 GHz network, and a 5 GHz network.
There may also be a chance both networks have the same exact name, making it difficult to discern which network your phone's actually connected to, the 5 GHz or 2.4 GHz network. Your phone may be connected to the 5 GHz, and may have trouble "seeing" the iCamera KEEP, which is connected to the 2.4 GHz network.
One way to make sure your phone's connected to the 2.4 GHz network is by providing a unique name for each network. For example, your 2.4 GHz network is named "Bobs Home", and your 5 GHz network is named "Bobs Home 5 GHz". This way, you know exactly which network your phone's connected to.
If you continue to encounter issues, please run the RouteThis network diagnostics tool from the App Store or Play Store. When prompted for a company code, type ALRM.
- a brief description of the issue you're experiencing
- your unique key from the app.