Check the status of the light behind Spot.
If the light is flashing red,
Spot is waiting to receive network information.
- Close and re-open app, power cycle camera, and try the setup again.
- Move the Spot within 10 ft of the router and your phone.
If the light is flashing red/green,
Spot has received your network information and is connecting to Wi-Fi.
- Make sure the Wi-Fi password is entered correctly
- Forget the Wi-Fi password on your phone, reconnect to the Wi-Fi network, and re-enter the password.
- Ensure there are no extra spaces before or after the password. Make sure the password is not auto-completing.
- Make sure the phone is connected to the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network. Spot is not compatible with 5 GHz Wi-Fi networks.
- Ensure Spot is within 10 ft of the router.
- Ensure MAC filtering is not enabled.
- Ensure their Wi-Fi security protocol is set to WPA or WPA2 personal. Spot cannot connect to WPA/WPA2 enterprise networks.
If the light is flashing green,
Spot has connected to Wi-Fi, it is communicating with your phone and our server for registration. If setup is hanging at this step, it may be possible that your devices are connected to networks that are unable to talk to one another, or there are settings in the router blocking the camera from talking to the internet.
- Make sure "AP Isolation" or "Wireless Isolation" is disabled in your router's settings. The name varies based on the make and model of your router. When enabled, this setting prevents devices connected to the same Wi-Fi network from talking to one another.
- Make sure your router's firewall setting is not blocking external ports UDP 12888 and TCP 8443 for the camera.
- Please temporarily turn off the parental controls in your router's settings.
If you continue to encounter issues, please run the RouteThis network diagnostics tool from the App Store or Play Store. When prompted for a company code, type ALRM.
- a brief description of the issue you're experiencing
- your unique key from the app.