DO NOT DELETE YOUR CUBEONE - THIS DOES NOT RESET THE SYSTEM OR FIX ANY ISSUES
One of the most common misconceptions about our system is that deleting your CubeOne will reset whatever issues you were experiencing, regardless if the issue was camera related, or something to do with the sensor, not the CubeOne itself.
Unless you're giving the system away to someone else, or you're in the process of installing a NEW CubeOne that was sent to you as a replacement, you should avoid deleting your system at all cost. If your system goes offline due to a bad cable, and you delete the system, you will have to remove the batteries for all sensors, re-install the sensors, and if your issue was related to the CubeOne being offline, you'll end up with no iSmartAlarm system, and push yourself even further away from resolving the issue.
Here's another way to look a this: If your Laptop randomly decided to stop connecting to your home network, and everything else was connected, would you wipe out your entire computer? Probably not right?
What to do if the CubeOne is showing a RED LED light status?
- Ensure the connection between the ports and the network cable are snug and clicked in.
- Try another network cable - very common/simple fix
- Plug the CubeOne into a different port on the back of your router - very common fix
- If the above fails, then the CubeOne may be defective.
If it does have an IP address, then:
- There may be router settings preventing the CubeOne from accessing the internet. Ensure external ports UDP 12888 and TCP 8443 are not blocked for the CubeOne.
- Internet access on your home network may be down. On your phone or home computer connected to the same network, go to ismartalarm.com, or www.google.com. If you’re unable to access these sites, please check that your internet connection is working.
If you continue to encounter issues, please run the RouteThis network diagnostics tool from the App Store or Play Store. When prompted for a company code, type ALRM.
- a brief description of the issue you're experiencing
- your unique key from the app.