1. Have your camera connected to the power outlet and follow the iCamera installation guide to install the iCamera first. Make sure your smartphone is on Wi-Fi and you are able the view the live video from the iCamera page before proceeding to step 2.
2. Determine the iCamera IP address (First Gen). One way of finding out is by using “Fing”, which is a free app that can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. If the camera is on Wi-Fi, it will have the manufacturer name Realtek Semiconductor or Shenzhen bilian electronic. The IP address will be the section boxed below.
3. Determine the Gateway address for your router. This can also be found in “Fing.” The gateway address is boxed in red below. The gateway address is listed at the top of your Fing app and has a symbol next to it. In addition, not all routers begin with “10.0.3.;” some routers began with “192.168.1.”
4. Launch the iSmartAlarm app > Login > go to the iCamera page > select your iCamera > tap Settings > tap Static IP.
IP: (the IP address determined in step 2)
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
GATE: (the gateway address determined in step 3)
5. Tap Done.
6. Wait for the iCamera to reboot. Make sure you see the live feed before moving on.
7. Access your router settings.
Open your web browser, type the Gateway address into the address bar as shown and hit enter. (Gateway address determined in step 3)
8. You should see a box prompting you for your username and password. Enter your username and password now. By default the username is admin, and the password is password. Click the OK button to log in to your router. If you still can’t access your router settings, you can visit the website below and select the appropriate router model, then check to see if any of the username and passwords listed work for you.
9. Select “Advanced Setup” near the top right of the page.
10. Click on the “Advanced Port Forwarding” link near the left of the page.
11. The iSmartAlarm requires you to forward port 17941. Enter the settings shown below and then click Apply.
Starting Port: 17941
Ending Port: 17941
LAN IP Address: IP address of your iCamera found in Step 2.
12. Click “Apply”.
13. You’re almost done! To verify that your port forwarding adjustments were set properly, visit the link below and enter “17941” in the “Port to Check” text field. Click “Check Port.” Refer to the example image below the link. Also, please ignore the IP address all together.
14. If your result is a “Success”, then check to see if you can access your camera outside your network. The easiest way to do this is by turning off the Wi-Fi on your smartphone and checking to see if you can retrieve a live image.